Cody introduces special guest “Russian Jon,” a long-time friend of the podcast who discusses what it’s like to buy Steam games in Russia. Then, Cody recaps the GonnaGeek Network podcasting event he attended at C2E2, and the two Jons review the roguelike dungeon crawler Darkest Dungeon.
- Cody and Jon introduce / re-introduce Russian Jon to the podcast, and he discusses what it’s like to acquire games on Steam in Russia
- Russian Jon, a long-time friend of both Cody and American Jon (Regular Jon? AmeriJon?), tells some stories about growing up with them, how he knows the podcast, and what he does with his free time
- Life Stuff
- Cody discusses the panel he sat on at the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (C2E2), GonnaGeek Network Presents: Everyday Podcasting For Your Everyday Life
- Cody talks about the benefits of being on a network and how cool it was that there was a huge crowd at C2E2 that really actively participated in the panel
- Cody also explains how the weekend inspired him to get a brand-new podcast rig, and exactly why that may affect the sound quality of this episode
- Full Gamer
- The two Jons review Darkest Dungeon, a roguelike, dungeon crawler video game created by indie game developer Red Hook Studios
- Although there are some major problems with the game, its reception on Steam varies wildly; listen to hear what kind of gamer would enjoy this game most, and what kind of gamer should probably pass on the chance to play it
- Learn how to connect with us on the GonnaGeek Network, syndication on WGN Plus, our YouTube channel, and more!
- Podcast theme song intro/outro credit: ‘Subterranean Kamikaze‘ by Sixto Sounds, zircon, via OverClocked ReMix (http://ocremix.org)
- Game/Life Balance AUS official web site: http://www.gamelifebalanceaustralia.com/