In 2002, Dave Wishnowski quit his job and set out to make his own wrestling game. More than 15 years later, he’s still at the helm of Pro Wrestling X, one of the most ambitious independent game projects in modern video game history. In this podcast, he tells his story and gives an update on the game that by all rights shouldn’t exist — and how he’s been able to stick with it for so long.
- Dave Wishnowski, creator of Pro Wrestling X, explains why he wanted to make a wrestling game and how he got started learning how to do so
- He explains the challenges of developing an indie game and why there are so many first-person shooters on the market, but very few successful independent pro wrestling games.
- Hear about the current Pro Wrestling X gameplay experience and what’s next for the game. You can pick up the game on Steam Early Access, available now!
- You can read more about Dave’s story in the book “The Minds Behind the Games: Interviews With Cult and Classic Video Game Developers,” available on Amazon or anywhere books are sold. You can also find an interview with the book’s author, Patrick Hickey, Jr., on a previous episode of Game/Life Balance U.S.
- To nominate an SNES Classic game for them to review on their next episode, email email@example.com or tweet at Cody @ProducerCody and/or Jon @eatplaygame
- Learn how to connect with us on the GonnaGeek Network, syndication on WGN Plus, our YouTube channel, and more!
- Podcast theme song intro/outro credit: ‘Unity‘ by TheFatRat with permission
- Game/Life Balance AUS official web site: http://www.gamelifebalanceaustralia.com
- Learn something new in just a few minutes every day on Cody’s daily podcast for Curiosity.com