Cody and Jon are joined by a very special guest to discuss his experience with the competitive video game scene, including how to balance such a hobby with the rigorous demands of high school (!!!).
- Cody and Jon welcome Chris Long to the podcast, a long-time listener of the podcast eager to share his experience with competitive gaming
- Life Stuff
- Chris talks about his experience building robots for robotics competitions, then makes Cody and Jon feel really old by talking about some other awesome high school things
- Jon asks the question on everyone’s mind: why didn’t Space Ghost get a really cool streaming treatment?
- Full Gamer
- Chris talks about how he got into the Smash Bros. Brawl: Project M tournament scene, then talks Team Fortress 2
- Cody mentions that he actually participated in MELEE-FC Diamond, a major Smash Bros. Melee tournament in 2007, giving him mad street cred
- Hear Chris explain how much time it takes him to organize and manage a Team Fortress 2 team, and how the seasons are structured
- Yes: he schedules scrimmages, too. Hear what that’s like, including major challenges and roles for his team
- Cody doesn’t understand why Chris doesn’t just build a robot to build him a computer, but apparently there’s a good reason why that’s a terrible idea
- Life Stuff (again)
- Jon tells a story about how his son has entered major meltdown mode, and how parenting apparently becomes difficult when you cannot physically stop a human being from constantly screaming nonstop
- Learn how to connect with us on the GonnaGeek Network, syndication on WGN Plus, our YouTube channel, and more!
- Podcast theme song intro/outro credit: ‘Subterranean Kamikaze‘ by Sixto Sounds, zircon, via OverClocked ReMix (http://ocremix.org)
- Game/Life Balance AUS official web site: http://gamelifebalance.podomatic.com/