Look, let’s just call this episode like it is: Cody and Jon don’t really have anything significant to talk about, so they just improvise comedy for a while. Listen to this episode, but expect hilarity in lieu of actual content!
- Jon brings up Harambe McHarambeface, and Cody crushes his dreams by pointing out that the story is fake and stupid
- What do you drink after you get home from the gym? Cody and Jon discuss why the answer probably should not be “cookie dough”
- Cody rages because sports seasons are happening, and explains that sports seasons are dumb
- Welcome to Dumb
- In an unexpected twist of fate, Cody introduced himself to one of his neighbors, which Jon then both admits is a big deal and then berates Cody because he says it isn’t a big deal, mostly because Jon’s a jerk and can’t make up his mind
- “Sorry, what were you saying? I was busy drinking water because my life is so interesting.”
- Life Stuff
- Jon visited Chicago and didn’t even tell Cody he was in town, because he has no heart and they aren’t real friends
- Jon goes into painstaking detail about how board games are printed, then reviews both the first and second edition of A Study in Emerald, a board game based on the award-winning short story of the same name by Neil Gaiman
- Jon also explains the concept behind a board game called Codenames, which Cody actually owns and now really wants to play
- Cody then tells a ridiculous story about how he both literally and figuratively found gold while digging through a neighbor’s discarded goods over Labor Day weekend
- Learn how to connect with us on the GonnaGeek Network, syndication on WGN Plus, our YouTube channel, and more!
- Podcast theme song intro/outro credit: ‘Subterranean Kamikaze‘ by Sixto Sounds,zircon, via OverClocked ReMix (http://ocremix.org)
- Game/Life Balance AUS official web site: http://www.gamelifebalanceaustralia.com