Why is there so much hate surrounding the new Ghostbusters movie, despite the fact that only one trailer has been released? Jon discusses the dark psychology of the Internet, and Cody plays devil’s advocate when it comes to maintaining the integrity of storied franchises. It’s a back-and-forth discussion you won’t want to miss!
- Cody talks about the format of Game/Life Balance Australia, plus why they are kind of stealing their format, and also talks about fire tornadoes
- Cody and Jon had a fascinating discussion over Google Hangouts regarding the new Ghostbusters film, and launch into a podcast about it with a quote from Jon
- Current News
- Jon argues that people online are too hyperbolic to have any meaningful discussion
- Cody defends people who defend a franchise’s integrity, and how that applies to old Ghostbusters versus new Ghostbusters
- Jon asserts that original works can’t “become worse” because a sequel or additional intellectual property in a series is released that is worse
- Cody brings Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Indiana Jones, The Matrix, Star Wars, Harry Potter, and other storied franchises into the discussion
- The overall quality of certain properties, such as Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, or Lost, can in fact lower the overall perception of something, Cody argues
- Learn how to connect with us on the GonnaGeek Network, syndication on WGN Plus, our YouTube channel, and more!
- Podcast theme song intro/outro credit: ‘Subterranean Kamikaze‘ by Sixto Sounds,zircon, via OverClocked ReMix (http://ocremix.org)
- Game/Life Balance AUS official web site: http://www.gamelifebalanceaustralia.com