League of Legends brought in $1.6 billion in revenue in 2015, and Jon explains why that’s a big deal for video games and their fans. He then explains why he’s hype about The Witness, and Cody discusses why he’s addicted to the Yik Yak app.
- Current news: League of Legends
- Jon discusses how the multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game earned $1.6 billion in revenues in 2015 — seven times more than its closest competitor in the genre
- Cody has a brilliant plan to combine World of Warcraft with Facebook in order to maximize its profits so it can compete with League of Legends, and Jon ups the ante by introducing the concept of farming to the revolutionary idea
- On a random tangent, Cody explains the origin of the phrase “and Bob’s your uncle,” which Jon refuses to believe is a thing that actually exists
- Cody also explains the importance of keeping super PACs out of video games, then explains the best candy to pair with espresso: is it Nestle Crunch, Kit Kat, or Snickers?
- Hype: The Witness
- Jon discusses The Witness, the newest game from Jonathan Blow, and talks with Cody about Braid and why that game was also totally awesome
- Somehow, for some reason, Cody ends up talking about AJ Styles’ WWE debut in the 2016 Royal Rumble, and how it’s possible that Triple H won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship in 2016
- Life Stuff: Yik Yak
- Cody explains why he’s addicted to the Yik Yak app (to the best of his ability), and of course Jon makes fun of it, because College Students
- Learn how to connect with us on the GonnaGeek Network, syndication on WGN Plus, our YouTube channel, and more!
- Podcast theme song intro/outro credit: ‘Subterranean Kamikaze‘ by Sixto Sounds, zircon, via OverClocked ReMix (http://ocremix.org)
- Game/Life Balance AUS official web site: http://gamelifebalance.podomatic.com/