Cody and non-gamer Casey review Gameloading: Rise of the Indies, a Kickstarter-backed documentary about the world of indie gaming. Learn more about the film from their official site, gameloading.tv.
From their official web site:
GameLoading: Rise of the Indies is a feature documentary exploring the world of indie game developers – their craft, their games, their dreams, and how they have forever changed the landscape of games culture. Disrupting the big-budget industry, indie games have altered the art form through their innovative, varied and personal games. Small teams of passionate and creative developers are offering an alternate voice to players. GameLoading aims to capture this pivotal point in history, where video games have become more personal than ever before.
The film aims to showcase a wide variety of indie developers behind some of the most important games of the past few years and take a broad snapshot of this diverse, creative community on an international scale.
GameLoading features interviews with a mix of high-profile and up-and-coming indie developers and industry figures, including:
- Rami Ismail (Vlambeer)
- Davey Wreden (The Stanley Parable)
- Christine Love (Analogue: A Hate Story)
- Trent Kusters (Armello)
- Lucas Pope (Papers, Please)
- John Romero and Tom Hall (id Software founders)
- Nina Freeman (Code Liberation)
- Jens Bergensten (Minecraft)
- Richard Hofmeier (Cart Life)
- Zoe Quinn (Depression Quest)
- Mike Bithell (Thomas Was Alone) and dozens more