Cody and Jon discuss their recent game/life balance, then Cody explains how commercial auditions and casting agencies work. He then engages Jon in a discussion on gamer stereotypes and how deeply they’ve permeated our culture.
- Jon riffs on NPR pledge drives, and Cody makes fun of his stupid face
- Cody has a stroke or something and starts screaming about perspiration and precipitation and religion
- Jon disagrees with Cody’s assessment of how to tell when it’s time to start recording their podcast every week, especially regarding putting his son to bed
- Balancing Act
- Cody has been struggling to play Final Fantasy XIV because he burned his girlfriend out on it when he basically played nothing else for 2-3 months; how do you deal with that sort of situation? Jon provides insights from his MMORPG experience
- Very briefly, Cody lauds the changes in Blizzard’s latest Hearthstone patch 6.1.3, which had made the game infinitely more playable… but then has to complain about the mobile volume issue that is preventing him from listening to podcasts, which is extremely annoying
- Jon is still waking up at 4:30 or 5:00 in the morning to play video games, and he explains why the new Doom may be the best first-person shooter he has ever played
- He also realizes that he’s been playing Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes for a full year now, and talks about how that and Mobius Final Fantasy have been his main mobile gaming “things” lately
- Life Stuff
- Cody explains the commercial audition and casting process and how he got his second callback in a very long time
- Also this week: Cody had lunch with podcast super-fan and Doom Ninja podcast host Ryan Dombrowski
- Jon and Cody discuss the “gamer stereotype” and how society has adjusted peoples’ expectations for what gamers are like in real life
- Black Mirror is coming back with new episodes! Get excited!
- Learn how to connect with us on the GonnaGeek Network, syndication on WGN Plus, our YouTube channel, and more!
- Podcast theme song intro/outro credit: ‘Subterranean Kamikaze‘ by Sixto Sounds,zircon, via OverClocked ReMix (http://ocremix.org)
- Game/Life Balance AUS official web site: http://www.gamelifebalanceaustralia.com